* The CareStart COVID-19 Antigen test has been proven to detect all known COVID variants, including Delta. More details.
What is a COVID-19 antigen test
The CareStart COVID-19 Antigen Test is a lateral flow immunochromatographic assay intended for the qualitative detection of the nucleocapsid protein antigen from SARS-CoV-2 in nasopharyngeal or anterior nasal swab specimens directly collected from individuals who are either suspected of COVID-19 by their healthcare provider within the first five days of symptom onset or from individuals without symptoms or other epidemiological reasons to suspect COVID-19 when tested twice over two or three days with at least 24 hours and no more than 48 hours between tests.
Antigen vs. Antibody test
While antibodies and antigens are both typically proteins, a positive antigen test reflects an active infection, while a positive antibody test reflects recent or past infection.
Specificity: 100% (minimizes false positives)
TEST KIT INCLUDES:
- 20 Test devices
- 20 Assay buffer
- 20 Extraction vials and caps
- 20 Specimen collection swabs
- 1 Positive and 1 negative control swabs
- 1 Instructions for Use
- Rapid results within 10-15 minutes
- Lateral flow assay
- Detect SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein antigen
- Intended at POC setting (i.e., in patient care settings) by medical professionals operating under a CLIA Certificate of Waiver, Certificate of Compliance, or Certificate of Accreditation
- For use under the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) only
- For in vitro diagnostic use only
- For prescription use only
- For use with direct anterior nasal and nasopharyngeal swab specimens
Note: For Serial Screening of asymptomatic individuals. The serial screening indication is only applied to products manufactured by Access Bio Inc. after April 12, 2021. The product batches listed in the Official Notification Letter should not be marketed or used for POC serial screening purposes. As of July 16, 2021, the FDA has granted an additional shelf-life extension for CareStart, from nine months to twelve months. Please view the official statement for more information on expiration dates.
The CareStart COVID-19 Antigen test has not been FDA cleared or approved. This test has been authorized by FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories and at the Point of Care by medical professionals operating under a CLIA Certificate of Waiver, Certificate of Compliance, or Certificate of Accreditation. This test has been authorized only to detect the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein antigen, not for any other viruses or pathogens; this test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b) (1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.